Title: Neighborhood Revitalization Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Direct Reports: Committee Volunteers, volunteers and staff when involved in NR/Community Development work.
Summary: The Neighborhood Revitalization Program Coordinator is responsible for planning, managing and implementing the affiliate’s Neighborhood Revitalization (NR) program. This position works closely with the executive director, Homeowner Services, Construction, board of directors, affiliate staff, and volunteers to assure that the affiliate’s NR program is implemented in a manner that best meets the needs of the targeted neighborhoods. This position also represents the affiliate with our community partners involved in community development and revitalization.
- Manage the process of designing NR programs specific to our community’s needs and
- Actively manage the establishment of partnerships with other municipalities, non-profit and for-profit entities to provide services.
- Create standard procedures and systems to incorporate NR projects into Homeowner Services and volunteer engagement processes.
- Oversee and administer NR related surveys (Success Measures)
- Services and Construction work areas. Working closely with HFH staff and volunteers, ensure that:
- Homeowner recruitment, application and selection processes are in place
- The home assessment process and documentation is in place.
- Volunteer job descriptions, training guides and project checklists are in place
- Manage individual NR projects, and develop systems to monitor progress and gauge results.
- Manage application and case management process for individual NR projects.
- Report outcomes, issues and activities related to NR activities (Success Measures).
- Develop and follow an annual work plan.
- Develop and implement an outreach plan to fully engage residents and community partners.
- Develop and execute a fundraising plan that ensures sustainability of the NR program
- Oversee neighborhood evaluation activities to gauge effectiveness of neighborhood revitalization efforts over time. (Success Measures)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and at least 5 years of experience in community development, construction or other related fields.
- Home construction knowledge along with the ability to effectively evaluate home repair needs/costs
- Demonstrated high level of adaptability to effectively manage diverse, changing and even competing task expectation.
- Strong organization, planning, project management and implementation skills.
- Communication skills to effectively work with elected officials, non-profit housing developers, neighborhood groups and community representatives.
- Ability to work respectfully, courteously and with a positive attitude when dealing with volunteers, staff, residents and community partners.
Valid driver license with good driving record
Occasional travel throughout Craven County and some overnight travel to other states is required
Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screening.
Participate in training activities, seminars, conference calls, webinars, etc. necessary to improve the affiliate’s NR activities.
Email cover letter and resume to: NewHires@cravencountyhabitat.org