Cape Fear Habitat for Humanity is an ecumenical Christian housing ministry, dedicated to eliminating substandard housing and creating affordable homeownership opportunities. This mission is dedicated to a process of mutual help and respect, involving community volunteers and those with housing needs working in partnership. In this environment, employees may be required to work during non•traditional business hours when needed.
|Date Revised:||December 6, 2017|
|Job Title:||Donor Stewardship Coordinator (Full-Time)|
|Reports to:||Director of Development|
|Work Hours:||Mon – Fri, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Weekends as needed|
The Donor Stewardship Coordinator (DSC) is responsible for Cape Fear Habitat’s individual giving programs, management of the Blackbaud eTapestry donor database, gift processing and donor stewardship, providing day- to-day support to the Director of Development (DOD) and organization’s Board of Director meetings.
Plan, Manage, Implement and Evaluate
- Achieve annual fundraising goals and key performance indicators
- Under leadership of Director of Development (DOD), develop and implement a comprehensive, written, plan with strategies and timelines for each project to ensure meeting and/or exceeding annual fundraising goals
- Set benchmarks for success and establish reports and reporting schedule and evaluate progress with DOD on a weekly basis
- Oversee donor gift processing and stewardship, including logging, entering and coding all donations (mail, web, event, in-kind, vehicle, etc.) and generating thank you letters. Ensure that donors are acknowledged using timely, effective, appropriate and consistent
- Manage information contained in the donor database. Document best practices and enforce rules for data entry; educate and train staff and volunteers. Perform periodic maintenance to ensure that data is up-do-date and lacking duplicate records. Create mailing and emailing lists when needed by the department and
- Prepare and submit activity reports to the DOD measuring successes against projections
- Interface with finance department and perform monthly and annual reconciliations. Assist finance with documentation needed for annual
Direct Mail Program / Individual Giving Programs
- Under the leadership of the DOD, manage direct mail program for current, lapsed, acquisition and donor prospects
- Generate letters and coordinate mailings
- Manage online giving programs, third party online fundraisers and Classy (peer-to-peer) campaigns
- Produce and mail quarterly pledge statements/reminders
- Track matching gifts and pledges
- Send finance-generated invoices for pledges to donors and for collection of same
- Maintain sponsorship agreements and pledges and track fulfillment of pledges
Reports and Evaluation
- Working with other development staff, provide financial reports related to donations and sponsorships to aid with evaluation of fundraising progress
- Assist with the planning and implementation of donor recognition / cultivation events, including but not limited to special builds, Golden Hammer Breakfast,
- Assist with the planning and implementation of other Habitat events (groundbreakings, dedications, tours, information activities, fundraising events, etc.) that could be used as tools to cultivate individual donors and prospects
Support for the Director of Development
- Provide support for meetings, setting up appointments, mailings, and other day-to-day tasks
- Assist with special projects
Board & Committee Support
- Gather data from all affiliate departments and enter it in Board Also distribute it along with board resolutions, HOS applicant data, Executive Director’s report, etc.
- Attend board meetings, take and maintain board minutes and binders, electronically and in written form. Ensure that Executive Director, Board President and Secretary review and approve draft monthly minutes prior to
- Assist with creation/maintenance of New Board Member information
- Coordinate hospitality for Finance, Executive, and Governance Committees and Board
- Maintain current board, board committee and advisory council lists and ensure they are accurate and up to date. Distribute as
- Send meeting reminders to board and committees and track attendance
- Support annual Board Retreat by providing hospitality, taking minutes, distributing and performing other tasks as directed by Director of Development
Experience and Knowledge Requirements
- Commitment to the Cape Fear Habitat for Humanity mission
- Two or more years of database management experience, preferably in the non-profit sector
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with advanced spreadsheet and computing skills
- Knowledge of basic fundraising principles and practices
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to strengthening development efforts through the use of a high-quality database management strategy
- Ability to understand and resolve technical problems independently
- Ability to conduct research on assigned tasks with minimum supervision and provide feedback promptly
- Ability to comply with regulations and procedures
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities independently
- Meet all deadlines agreed upon by the Director of Development
Physical Demand Requirements
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; stand, walk, use hands and vision in a professional office environment
- Routinely use standard office equipment such as computers, printers and copiers
This job description should not be construed to imply that the requirements listed are the exclusive standards of the position. The Director of Development, along with the Executive Director, reserve the right to assign or delegate other tasks as necessary.
Cape Fear Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
To apply: Please send resume and cover to email@example.com.
Please detail in the cover letter how the experience and knowledge requirements have been met in your education and/or work history.