Cape Fear Habitat for Humanity is an ecumenical Christian housing ministry, dedicated to eliminating substandard housing and creating affordable homeownership opportunities. This mission is dedicated to a process of mutual help and respect, involving community volunteers and those with housing needs working in partnership. In this environment, employees may be required to work during non•traditional business hours when needed.
|Date Revised:||December 6, 2017|
|Job Title:||Events & Communications Coordinator (Full-Time)|
|Reports to:||Director of Development|
|Work Hours:||Mon – Fri, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Weekends as needed|
The Events & Communications Coordinator (ECC) reports to the Director of Development (DOD) to coordinate, plan and execute fundraising events and activities to raise revenue and enhance the visibility of Cape Fear Habitat for Humanity.
Plan, Manage, Implement and Evaluate
- Achieve annual fundraising goals and key performance indicators
- Under leadership of Director of Development (DOD), develop and implement a comprehensive, written, plan with strategies and timelines for each project to ensure meeting and/or exceeding annual fundraising goals
- Set benchmarks for success and establish reports and reporting schedule and evaluate progress with DOD on a weekly basis
- Serve as the project manager for CFHFH’s major fundraising Work with the DOD on general strategy for events, generate timelines and project management systems, ensuring that they operate smoothly, efficiently and generate maximum community exposure while meeting and/or exceeding fundraising goal
- Work closely with DOD to implement the fund development strategy to increase contributed revenue and donor engagement for CFHFH
- Oversee and maintain our grant-management system, ensuring that all deadlines and requirements are Coordinate grant applications and reports, including collating information needed for the application or report, writing first drafts, editing final drafts, preparing budgets and other attachments and submitting all necessary information. Participate in researching new potential funding sources
- Document all fund development procedures and responsibilities
- Support the direct and on-line mailing campaigns such as annual appeal solicitation, Mother’s Day card, and other fundraising outreach documents efforts
- Assist in general development office management tasks
- Work with the DOD to develop, implement, and maintain a media strategy, including both traditional and new media (website, social media) that supports CFHFH’s building, homeowner recruitment and education, marketing, and fundraising
- Work with development staff to expand and maximize electronic fundraising and solicitation
- Manage the production and implementation of Habitat’s marketing program, including the development of video productions, print brochures, home signs, e-newsletters.
- Track results and provide insight on how to best reach target markets to boost outreach and donations, providing reporting to appropriate
- Perform other duties as apparent or assigned by the Development
- Be proficient with and use Classy, Website, Text-2-Give, and other similar fundraising platforms
Experience and Knowledge Requirements
- Committed to the mission of Cape Fear Habitat for Humanity
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in related fields of study or equivalent work experience
- Proven record of success in delivering marketing support in areas of project management, social media, print production and digital distribution
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Non-profit experience strongly preferred, but not required
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Grant writing experience preferred
- Excellent computer skills required with experience in Microsoft Office Suite and Photoshop or other photo editing software
- Experience using WordPress and demonstrated experience successfully using social media to promote ideas and messages is preferred
- Project management experience preferred, but not required
- Valid NC driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs., stand, squat, bend, and climb on an as needed basis
- Be able to travel- requires a personal vehicle, insurance and valid driver’s license
- Excel at multi-tasking with various projects and deadlines; attention to detail is a must
- Adhere to a high standard of ethics and promote the Donor Bill of Rights
Physical Demand Requirements
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; stand, walk, use hands and vision in a professional office environment
- Routinely use standard office equipment such as computers, printers and copiers
This job description should not be construed to imply that the requirements listed are the exclusive standards of the position. The Director of Development, along with the Executive Director, reserve the right to assign or delegate other tasks as necessary.
Cape Fear Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
To apply: Please send resume and cover to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please detail in the cover letter how the experience and knowledge requirements have been met in your education and/or work history.