Volunteer & Resource Engagement Coordinator
Position: Volunteer & Resource Engagement Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Resource Development
Summary: Responsible for Habitat for Humanity of Lincoln County’s (HFHLC’s) goals and strategic plans related to HFHLC’s volunteer utilization model and fund development plan.
Volunteer Engagement & Cultivation Responsibilities:
Identify, recruit, engage, supervise and recognize volunteers throughout the organization. Creatively engage volunteers by administratively implementing the HFHLC volunteer utilization model. Ensure all volunteers have an excellent volunteer experience while lending their time at our construction site, ReStore or other HFHLC departments, programs and services.
Maintain and update the HFHLC volunteer database system. Must have demonstrated ability to extract timely and relevant reports for the Director of Resource Development, Executive Director, Director of Homeowner Services or HFHLC board members. Must be capable of interpreting and anticipating unmet needs based on HFHLC construction, resource development, homeowner services departments and more.
Ability to logistically organize and lead volunteers on construction site. Will need to complete all safety certifications (i.e. First Aid, CPR and Habitat Safety Competent Person training) within 90 days of hire.
Resource Engagement & Cultivation Responsibilities:
Provide comprehensive administrative support to the resource development department, with a focus on administrative and fundraising support, effective donor database management and reporting, event logistics and donor stewardship efforts (i.e. donor acknowledgements, printed material inventory, prep materials for donor meetings, etc.). Other duties include:
▪ Ensuring all donations are accurately and timely inputted in the donor database management system. Work closely with the Accounting Department to ensure integration of department activities
▪ Provide professional assistance and interaction with donors (via phone, computer and face-to- face)
▪ Support Director of Resource Development to generate development reports from database (sponsors, major donors, individuals, monthly pledge partners, etc.)
▪ Prepare gift acknowledgement letters, Board Thank You notes, New Donor Letters, Anniversary Cards and Thank You calls.
▪ Design and Maintain online donor page, flyers and online donor campaigns
▪ Ensure the HFHLC volunteer database aligns with the donor database management system
▪ Support and endorse the Habitat for Humanity mission.
▪ Bachelor’s degree and at least three (3) years relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
▪ Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
▪ Proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Publisher, databases and social networking media
▪ Experience with Excel and website publishing desired.
▪ Ability to train persons of varying skill levels and to work with a wide spectrum of people in a collaborative way.
▪ Integrity, organization, attention to detail, ability to maintain confidentiality.
▪ Valid driver’s license and ability to travel as needed. Access to a car is required to fill some of the duties of this position.
▪ Willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this position, including evenings and weekends as needed.
▪ Ability to operate normal office equipment.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary dependent on experience. Holidays plus two (2) weeks paid vacation annually for first (2) years.
Send resume, letter and name and contact information (including email address) of three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or Habitat for Humanity of Lincoln County, NC, P.O. Box 1062, Lincolnton, NC 28093 by July 31, 2018. A background check, including criminal records and sex offender registry, will be conducted prior to offer of employment, including a safe driving record check.
Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities, and hope.
Habitat for Humanity of Lincoln County, NC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled states or genetic information.